Egg Roll in a Bowl
Super easy to make, packed with flavor and oh-so satisfying.
|Serving size:||1 1/2 cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||25 minutes|
Large skillet/non-stick pan
Spatula or wooden spoon
1 pound lean ground meat (pork, turkey, chicken, or beef)
2 tablespoons sesame oil OR olive oil
1 onion diced into ¼-inch pieces
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced into ¼-inch pieces (red, yellow, or green)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 16 ounce bag coleslaw mix OR 4 cups fresh green cabbage, finely sliced
1 carrot, finely grated
Sriracha hot sauce, green onions, sesame seeds, chow mein noodles
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground meat to pan. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, break meat into small pieces. Cook meat thoroughly and until no pink remains. (If needed, drain and discard cooking liquid).
3. To same skillet add onion, and bell pepper; continue cooking, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
4. Add oil, garlic, ginger (if using), soy sauce, coleslaw mix, and carrots to the skillet. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring consistently.
5. Remove from heat, divide among four bowls and add toppings.