Egg Roll in a Bowl
Super easy to make, packed with flavor and oh-so satisfying.
|Serving size:||1 1/2 cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||25 minutes|
Large non-stick frying pan
Measuring cups and spoons
Spatula or wooden spoon
1 pound lean ground meat (pork, turkey, chicken, or beef)
2 tablespoons sesame oil OR olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 (red, yellow, or green) bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
1/3 cup lite soy sauce
1 16 ounce bag coleslaw mix OR 4 cups fresh green cabbage, finely sliced
1 carrot, finely grated
Sriracha hot sauce, green onions, sesame seeds, chow mein noodles
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Add ground meat to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, break meat into small pieces. Cook meat thoroughly and until to pink remains. (If needed, drain and discard cooking liquid).
- To same frying pan, add onion and bell pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add oil, garlic, soy sauce, coleslaw mix, carrots, and ginger (if using), to the frying pan. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Remove frying pan from heat, divide evenly among 4 bowl, and add toppings.