French Toast for One
Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea—and this one comes together in less than 10 minutes.
|Serving size:||Entire recipe|
|Prep time:||4 minutes|
|Cook time:||1 minute|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
Large mug or microwave-safe bowl
Measuring cups and spoons
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup low-fat milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon (regular or imitation) vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup whole wheat bread (about 2 slices), cut into 1-inch squares
1 teaspoon sugar free pancake syrup
1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit (berries, banana, apple)
1/4 cup unsalted nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds), chopped
1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruits.
- Place the butter in a large mug or microwave-safe bowl and microwave for short bursts, up to 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Add milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and the egg to the mug or bowl. Whisk together until mixed evenly.
- Add in the bread pieces and gently stir until all the pieces are soaked in the egg and milk mixture. Be careful to stir gently so bread does not break apart. Let rest for one minute to allow bread to absorb liquid.
- Microwave the mug or bowl for 60-90 seconds, or until the mixture is solid.
- Serve immediately with toppings of choice.
- Spice it up! Try adding some pumpkin spice to add some seasonal flare to this recipe.
- Have a loaf of bread that’s a little stale? This recipe is great for using up left over bread.