Shrimp Pad Thai
With less than 30 mins and just a few pantry essentials, you can make tasty Thai food in your own kitchen.
|Serving size:||1 1/4 cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Pot, Colander, 2 Small Bowls, Large Frying Pan, Measuring Cups and Spoons
Mixing Spoons, Fork or Whisk
6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
24 ounces frozen vegetable mix
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 pound of raw, frozen, deveined, tail-off shrimp
1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Thaw shrimp according to package directions.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain in colander. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Defrost vegetables in microwave for 5 minutes as spaghetti cooks.
- Combine soy sauce, water, peanut butter, and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Remove from frying pan and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, cook for 3-4 minutes or until pink. Remove from pan.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and beat with fork. Add to frying pan. Scramble until firm. Add vegetables and cooked spaghetti noodles to the pan. Stir to heat through. Add shrimp after heated.
- Add soy sauce mixture to the frying pan. Stir to coat.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve.
- Make this recipe gluten free by using gluten-free soy sauce and rice noodles.