A cinnamon-oat crust, vanilla cream cheese, and your favorite fruit come together to make a delicious dessert.
|Serving size:||1 wedge (1/8 of pizza)|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||12 minutes|
|Total time:||32 minutes|
Paper towels or a clean kitchen cloth
Whisk or fork
Choose your favorite fruits to top this fun and healthy dessert pizza- place extra fruit around the edge of the finished pizza.
1 large egg white
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup quick cooking oats
¼ cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
½ cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
fruit for topping pizza examples: 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup blueberries, 2 kiwi
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils and fruit.
- Preheat the oven the 375° F.
- In a small mixing bowl, use a whisk or fork to beat egg white until foamy (approximately 1-2 minutes). Add oil and sugar. Beat until smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir in quick cooking oats.
- Add sugar mixture oat mixture in medium bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. Using your hands, spread the dough in a 9-inch circle.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until the crust begins to puff. Remove from oven and let cool about 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, stir together the cream cheese and yogurt in a small bowl until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Dry off cleaned fruit and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Transfer the crust to a serving plate. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Arrange fruit on top.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve or refrigerate up to 2 hours (covered and uncut).
- Any variety of fresh fruit will work on top of the pizza: for less expensive options use fresh fruit that is on sale or canned fruit such as pineapple or mandarin oranges.
- Dip fresh fruits into lemon juice after cutting and drain well before putting on pizza to prevent browning. This works for bananas, apples, peaches, or pears.
- Use flavored yogurt instead of vanilla to vary color and flavors.
- If dough is too sticky to handle, spray hands with non-stick spray or apply a small amount of vegetable oil to palms.