Dip into a fresh and fast snack that’s loaded with flavor.
|Serving size:||1/3 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
3 ripe avocados
1 clove garlic, minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
1/4 small onion, diced
2 small tomatoes, diced
3 pickled jalapeño peppers, diced (optional)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Halve 1 avocado by placing in on a cutting board and cutting in half around the pit. Turn halves of avocado in separate directions to separate. Remove pit with a spoon and scoop avocado out of skin into a large bowl. Repeat with remaining avocados.
- Add garlic to avocados and mash with a fork or back of mixing spoon.
- Add lime juice and mix well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, and cilantro to avocado mixture. Stir well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes and serve with baked tortilla chips and/or veggies.