Dip into a fresh and fast snack that’s loaded with flavor.
|Serving size:||1/3 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Potato masher or fork
3 avocados, ripe
1 clove garlic, minced
1 – 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
3 tablespoons onion, diced (about 1/4 of an onion)
2 small tomatoes, diced
3 pickled jalapeno peppers (about 1/4 cup), diced (optional)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
2. Halve one avocado by placing it on a cutting board and cutting in half around the pit. Turn halves of avocado in separate directions to separate. Remove pit with a spoon (NOT with a knife), and scoop avocado out of skin into a large bowl. Repeat with remaining avocados.
3. Add garlic to avocados and mash with a potato masher, fork, or back of a mixing spoon.
4. Add lime juice and mix well.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Add onions, tomatoes and jalapenos and cilantro to avocado mixture and stir well.
7. Chill in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes and serve with baked tortilla chips and/or veggies.