Haluski and Veggies
Made with oodles of noodles and whatever veggies you have on hand, there’s so much to love about Haluski.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Large frying pan with sides
Measuring cups and spoons
12 ounces egg noodles
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced OR 4 teaspoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
16 ounces fresh mushrooms OR 1 6.5 ounce can no salt added canned mushrooms, drained
1 small head green cabbage, shredded
1 large (white or yellow) onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Noodles:
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, tops of cans, utensils, and produce.
- Boil a pot of water and cook egg noodles according to the package directions, cooking until just tender.
- Drain egg noodles, rinse with cold water. Set aside.
For the Veggies:
- In a large sauté pan with sides, add oil and garlic. Once the garlic begins to brown, add the soy sauce, mushrooms, cabbage, and onion stirring occasionally. Simmer over medium heat until the veggies begin to soften and lightly brown. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked egg noodles and mix to combine.
- This dish is a great pantry buster! Try using other canned or frozen veggies that you have on hand, such as corn, peas, or beans.