There are a lot of veggie burger recipes out there, but none are as delicious or as easy-to-make.
|Serving size:||1 burger|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||45 minutes|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
Strainer or colander
1 cup dry lentils
2 cups water
3/4 cup onion, chopped
3/4 cup carrot, grated
2 cups breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils and vegetables.
2. Place lentils in a colander, rinse in cold water, and drain.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add lentils, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add onion and carrots to the saucepan. Cook 15 minutes more or until lentils are tender.
5. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
6. Stir in breadcrumbs, egg, garlic powder, oregano and salt, if using.
7. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Use a ½-cup dry measuring cup to drop lentil mixture into the hot skillet.
8. Flatten into patties and cook until firm and brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.