Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf
Gluten-Free | Quick & Easy | Side Dishes | No Added Sugars | Vegetarian | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
The savory flavors in this quinoa dish make it a meal prep essential. Make a big batch on Sunday and eat well all week.
40 minutesTotal Time
$1.45Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||40 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 tablespoon olive oil OR vegetable oil
1 8 ounce package mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced OR 1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning OR Celebrate Your Plate Italian Seasoning
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Using a shallow bowl, rinse quinoa under cold water and drain until water runs clear. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt. Cook 6 minutes, until mushrooms and onions are tender, stirring often.
- Add cooked quinoa to frying pan of cooked vegetables, stirring to blend.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
What goes in Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)