Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf
The savory flavors in this quinoa dish make it a meal prep essential. Make a big batch on Sunday and eat well all week.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||40 minutes|
Frying Pan, Measuring Cups and Spoons
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1 8 ounce package white button mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, produce, and utensils.
- Using a shallow bowl, rinse quinoa under cold water and drain until water runs clear. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt. Cook 6 minutes, until mushrooms and onions are tender, stirring often.
- Add cooked quinoa to frying pan of cooked vegetables, stirring to blend.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.