Life’s A Peach Smoothie
This dessert-inspired smoothie is a good source of calcium and full of peachy goodness.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
1/2 cup (quick-cooking or rolled) oats
1 1/2 cups sliced frozen peaches OR canned peaches in juice, drained and frozen
1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and fruits.
- Put oats into blender. Blend until ground into a fine powder.
- Add peaches, vanilla yogurt, milk, and cinnamon. Blend until completely smooth. If smoothie does not blend, use pulse setting in short bursts to help blend. Serve immediately.
- If you like your smoothie a little thicker try using 2 cups of peaches instead of 1 1/2 cups.
- If you have canned peaches, drain and freeze in a zip-close bag before putting in the smoothie for best texture.