Mexican Street Corn Salad
This bright and flavorful elote-inspired salad comes together with fresh or frozen corn so you can make it anytime.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Large frying pan
Measuring cups and spoons
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
24 ounces frozen corn, thawed and patted dry (about 5 1/3 cups)
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled, divided
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
1 garlic clove, minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When the oil begins to bubble, add the corn and cook, mixing often, until charred and starting to pop, 6-7 minutes.
- Pour the charred corn into a large bowl and add the green onions, cilantro, 1/4 cup of the cotija cheese, lime juice, jalapeño (if using), garlic, salt, and chili powder. Toss thoroughly to mix.
- Serve topped with additional cilantro and remaining 1/4 cup of cotija cheese.
- Got leftover corn on the cob? This recipe is great with fresh corn.
- Can’t find cotija cheese at your market? You can substitute feta cheese for cotija in this recipe.