Mini Meatloaf in a Mug
Gluten-Free | Main Dishes | Quick & Easy | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Skip the frozen dinner and get your home-cooking fix in a flash with this easy recipe.
17 minutesTotal Time
$1.52Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||Entire recipe|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||2 minutes|
|Total time:||17 minutes|
Medium-sized microwave-safe mug (about 15 ounces)
Mixing spoon or spatula
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1/4 pound lean (85% or leaner) ground beef
2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 tablespoons reduced sugar and sodium ketchup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons low-fat milk
1/3 small onion, diced
1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir to mix.
- Spray microwave-safe mug with non-stick spray.
- Pat beef mixture into mix. Make a small hole in center, all the way through to the bottom.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until meat is thoroughly cooked through and no longer pink.
- Meatloaf in a mug can make a quick and tasty dinner for a family! You can prep the ingredients together, but make sure you microwave each serving separately to ensure they cook fully.
- Try topping the meatloaf with a small dallop of ketchup.
- Try adding diced green bell pepper, spinach, or shredded zucchini to the meatloaf mixture for added veggies and flavor.
What goes in Mini Meatloaf in a Mug?
Lean Ground Beef
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)