Mini Meatloaf in a Mug
Skip the frozen dinner and get your home-cooking fix in a flash with this easy recipe.
|Serving size:||Entire Recipe|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||2 minutes|
|Total time:||17 minutes|
Measuring Spoons, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Grater, Cutting Board, Microwave-Safe Mug (Medium Sized), Bowl
Knife, Mixing Spoon or Spatula
Recipe adapted from Iowa State University’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
1/4 pound ground beef, 85% lean (or leaner)
2 tablespoons quick oatmeal
1 1/2 tablespoons low-sugar ketchup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons low-fat milk
1/3 small onion, diced—or—1/4 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir to mix.
- Spray microwave-safe mug with non-stick spray.
- Pat beef mixture into mix. Make a small hole in center, all the way through to the bottom.
- Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes, or until meat is thoroughly cooked through, and no longer pink.
Meatloaf in a mug can make a quick and tasty dinner for a family! You can prep the ingredients together, but make sure you microwave each serving separately to ensure they cook fully.
Try topping the meatloaf with a small dallop of ketchup.
Try adding diced green bell pepper, spinach, or shredded zucchini to the meatloaf mixture for added veggies and flavor.