Stuffing with Vegetables
Add your favorite frozen veggies right into the stuffing. Microwaved or baked, this stuffing is tops.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||14 minutes|
|Total time:||19 minutes|
Small microwave-safe bowl
Eat with everyday dinners or on special occasions with baked turkey or chicken and low-sodium gravy.
16 ounces frozen vegetables
1 tablespoon margarine
1 package (6 ounces) low-sodium stuffing mix
1 14 ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup water (optional)
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces and utensils.
- Melt margarine by placing it in a small, microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds.
- Placed thawed vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Pour melted margarine over vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Add stuffing mix, broth, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Scoop into casserole dish. Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes until hot in center.
- If stuffing seems dry, add ½ cup water and microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Frozen stir-fry vegetables, including broccoli and green beans, work well.
- This can also be baked in the oven: bake at 350° F for 45 minutes.