This filling noodle and veggie dish tastes like it took all day, but comes together on the stovetop in a matter of minutes.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Large frying pan
Measuring cups and spoons
Recipe Sourced from Oregon State University’s Food Hero
1 1/2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
2 cups onion, chopped (about 2 medium onions)
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
1 tablespoon garlic, minced OR 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cornstarch OR 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons light sour cream
3 cup whole grain noodles, cooked
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and vegetables.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Sauté and stir until mushrooms and onions start to brown.
- In a small bowl, mix vegetable broth, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cornstarch. Add to frying pan and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve with cooked noodles.