Dreamy, creamy and naturally sweet with just bananas, milk, and vanilla, it’s a great way to make your taste buds happy.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||2 hours, 30 minutes|
|Total time:||2 hours, 30 minutes|
Aluminum foil or wax paper
Baking sheet or large plate
Container with lid
Measuring cups and spoons
4 ripe bananas
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/2 teaspoon (regular or imitation) vanilla extract
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Peel and chop bananas into thick (1 inch) slices.
- Lay banana slices in a single layer on baking sheet or plate lined with tin foil or waxed paper. Put banana slices in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Combine bananas, milk, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender and adding more milk as needed until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer banana mixture to a covered container and freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
- Have extra fruit on hand? Try topping this dish with strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries!