PB & Banana Bread
Top a slice with your favorite fruit spread for an open-faced PBB&J (peanut butter, banana, and jelly)!
|Serving size:||1 slice|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||55 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour, 5 minutes|
Loaf Pan, Large Bowl, Medium Bowl, Measuring Cups and Spoons
Fork or Whisk, Toothpick
Recipe adapted from Montana State University Extension Services
3 large ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1/3 cup apple sauce
1 cup peanut butter
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add bananas to bowl and mash. Add milk, apple sauce, and peanut butter. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix only enough to moisten all ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan (pan will be half-full). Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Bread is fully baked when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve with your favorite fruit preservatives or jelly! Or try topping with fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries or apples.
Spice it up! For a more flavorful bread, try adding 1.5 tsp of cinnamon!