PB & Banana Bread
Breakfast | Kid Approved | Snacks | Vegetarian | WIC Friendly
Top a slice with your favorite fruit spread for an open-faced PBB&J (peanut butter, banana, and jelly)!
1 hour, 5 minutesTotal Time
$0.28Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||1 slice|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||55 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour, 5 minutes|
Fork or whisk
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
3 large ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup peanut butter
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add bananas to bowl and mash. Add milk, apple sauce, and peanut butter. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix only enough to moisten all ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan (pan will be half-full). Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Bread is fully baked when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with your favorite fruit preservatives or jelly! Or try topping with fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries or apples.
- Spice it up! For a more flavorful bread, try adding 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
What goes in PB & Banana Bread?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)