Pesto Chicken Pasta for One
Just because it’s just you doesn’t mean it can’t be extra special. This pasta dish is quick, easy, and tastes like it took hours.
|Serving size:||Entire recipe|
|Prep time:||2 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||12 minutes|
Large microwave-safe mug OR Small microwave-safe bowl
Measuring cups and spoons
1/2 cup uncooked whole grain (rotini, penne, or other small shape) pasta
1 cup water, divided
3/4 tablespoon pesto, divided
1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup fresh spinach leaves, shredded
1/2 10 ounce can chicken breast in water OR 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast, cubed
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, fruits, and vegetables.
- Place pasta and 2/3 cup of water in a large mug or small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 7 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Stir the pasta again and add the remaining 1/3 cup of water. Heat for 2-3 more minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon pesto to mug with pasta, mix until pasta is well coated. Add in the tomatoes, spinach, and chicken and mix thoroughly. Microwave covered for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are soft.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and add the remaining 1/4 tablespoon pesto.
- For a more budget friendly version of this recipe pesto can be substituted for marinara or any red pasta sauce.