Pickled Beets and Eggs
Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Snacks | Low Sodium | Vegetarian | WIC Friendly | Nut-Free
There are few things more beautiful than the deep red hue of pickled beets and eggs!
1 hour, 40 minutesTotal Time
$0.41Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||1 egg and 2-3 beet wedges|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes and 1 hour cooling time|
|Total time:||1 hour, 40 minutes|
Medium pot with lid
Large saucepan with lid
Large container with lid
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
6 large eggs
2 cups water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
2 large beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- To hard boil eggs, place them in a pot and over with 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover, remove from heat, and set aside for 8-10 minutes. Drain pot, cool eggs in ice water, and peel.
- Combine water, vinegar, beet wedges, and sugar in a large saucepan. With lid on pot, simmer for 20 minutes, or until beets can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Cool the beet mixture completely, about 1 hour.
- Pour the beets into a container with a lid and add the peeled eggs. Stir the eggs and beets in the liquid to completely coat.
- Eggs and beets can remain in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
What goes in Pickled Beets and Eggs?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)