Simple Stir-Fry Noodles
Loaded with veggies and protein, this homemade stir-fry is a flavorful way to eat light.
|Temperature:||Boil, low heat|
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
Whisk or fork
Tongs or spatulas
6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 large head cabbage, thinly sliced or 1 16 ounce bag of coleslaw mix
1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
8 ounces cooked protein of your choice: chicken breast, tofu, or ground pork (optional)
1. Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
2. Bring 4 cups water to boil in a large pot. Add spaghetti noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with water.
3. Over low heat, add peanut butter, soy sauce, and 1/2 cup water to the large pot. Whisk quickly to combine.
4. Add red pepper flakes, ginger, and cabbage to peanut sauce and cook 3 to 4 minutes, tossing continuously.
5. Stir in green onions, cooked noodles and protein, if using.