Simple Stir-Fry Noodles
Dairy-Free | Main Dishes | Quick & Easy | High in Fiber | Vegan | Vegetarian | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Loaded with veggies and protein, this homemade stir-fry is a flavorful way to eat light.
30 minutesTotal Time
$0.51Cost per serving *
|Temperature:||Low heat, Boil|
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
Whisk or fork
Tongs or spatulas
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
6 ounces whole grain spaghetti
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 large head cabbage, thinly sliced OR 1 16 ounce bag of coleslaw mix
1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
8 ounces cooked protein (chicken breast, tofu, or ground pork), chopped (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in a large pot. Add spaghetti noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with water.
- Over low heat, add peanut butter, soy sauce, and 1/2 cup water to the large pot. Whisk quickly to combine.
- Add red pepper flakes, ginger, and cabbage to peanut sauce and cook 3 to 4 minutes, tossing continuously.
- Stir in green onions, cooked noodles and protein, if using.
What goes in Simple Stir-Fry Noodles?
Whole Grain Pasta
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)