Potato Skins with Buffalo Chicken
This recipe puts a healthy spin on classic potato skins with sweet potatoes, lean boneless, skinless chicken breasts and celery stalks for scooping.
|Serving size:||1 1/2 cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||45 minutes|
|Total time:||55 minutes|
Frying pan with lid
Large microwave-safe dish
Large mixing bowl
Large baking sheet
Measuring cups and spoons
12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
4 medium sweet potatoes
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/4 cup plain Greek low-fat yogurt
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 green onions, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke several holes in the sweet potatoes with the tip of a knife. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 8 minutes. Turn the potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. The potatoes should now be cooked: test for doneness by inserting a fork into the potato: it should come out easily. If not, continue microwaving the potatoes in 5-minute increments.
- Allow potatoes to cool enough to handle. When cooled, slice each potato lengthwise and scoop out the inside, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
- Mash the potato together with the milk, Greek yogurt, and hot sauce. Add the shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Equally divide the chicken mixture among the potato shells and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops start to brown slightly. Add toppings (if using).
- Try celery on the side! Celery pairs well the zestier flavors of buffalo chicken.