Roasted Green Beans
So simple. So satisfying. So green! With just a little oil, salt, and time, you’ve got a flavorful side for any meal.
|Serving size:||1 cup green beans|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Cutting board, baking sheet, aluminum foil, measuring spoons, tongs or two forks
1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, vegetables, and utensils.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the green beans on the baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Use tongs or two forks to toss the green beans and spread them out into a single layer.
5. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Toss the green beans, spread back out into a single layer and roast for another 7-10 minutes or until the beans have started to brown in spots.
- Sweet and tangy: Add thick wedges of red onion to the green beans when they go in the oven. After 10 minutes, toss the onion and green beans with a mixture of 1 teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon vinegar, ½ teaspoon dried or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Roast for another 7-10 minutes, remove from the oven, and top with 1/3 cup walnuts or other nut.
- Asian sesame: After roasting for the first 10 minutes, remove green beans from the oven and toss with a mixture of 1 tablespoon minced garlic, ½ teaspoon dried ginger, 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and 4 teaspoons sesame seeds.