Roasted Green Beans
So simple. So satisfying. So green! With just a little oil, salt, and time, you’ve got a flavorful side for any meal.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
Tongs or 2 forks
1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil OR vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Sweet and tangy: Add thick wedges of red onion to the green beans when they go in the oven. After 10 minutes, toss the onion and green beans with a mixture of 1 teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon dried or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Roast for another 7-10 minutes, remove from the oven, and top with 1/3 cup walnuts or other nut.
- Asian sesame: After roasting for the first 10 minutes, remove green beans from the oven and toss with a mixture of 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger, 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and 4 teaspoons sesame seeds.
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the green beans on the baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Use tongs or two forks to toss the green beans and spread them out into a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Toss the green beans, spread back out into a single layer and roast for another 7-10 minutes or until the beans have started to brown in spots.