This flavor-packed option will be your go-to side to go with any meal.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
Aluminum foil or parchment paper
2 medium squashes (zucchini or yellow squash), cut into 1/2 pieces
1 red or green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Pile vegetables in the middle of the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar, if using. Sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper, and basil, if using.
- Toss using tongs or your hands until vegetables are coated in the oil mixture. Spread vegetables out into a single layer.
- Roast vegetables for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.