Bursting with flavor and perfect with the fruit of your choice.
|Serving size:||2 cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||10 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
Whisk or fork
Tongs or forks for salad tossing
1/3 cup vinegar (white, apple cider, balsamic, or red wine)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar OR honey
1/2 cup olive oil OR vegetable oil
1 pound salad greens (spinach, kale or any type of lettuce), patted dry and chopped
2 cups fruit, cut into bite-sized pieces (strawberries, pears, oranges, etc.)
1/2 cup unsalted nuts (pecans, cashews, peanuts), chopped OR 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- In a large bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk together with a fork or whisk until well combined.
- Add salad greens, fruit, and nuts to bowl. Gently toss together.
- Looking to add some protein to this salad? Try using some shredded chicken, leftover beef, or beans for some extra protein and flavor!
- If you don't have time to make the dressing, a low-fat, store-bought dressing works too!