Add pop to your popcorn with chili and garlic seasonings. Serve in a brown paper bag for a rustic, classic touch.
|Temperature:||High heat in microwave, Medium heat on stovetop|
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||3 minutes|
|Total time:||8 minutes|
Brown paper lunch bag (microwave) or large pot with lid (stove top)
Measuring cups and spoons
1 brown paper bag
Butter-flavored non-stick spray
4 cups popcorn, popped (1/2 cup unpopped kernels)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil (if using stovetop)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Add popped corn to a large bowl and spray with butter-flavored non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle seasonings over popcorn and toss to combine.
Microwave cooking instructions:
- Add 1/2 cup popcorn kernels to a brown paper lunch bag.
- Fold the top of the bag over twice to seal it.
- Microwave on high for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes or until there are about 2 seconds between pops.
Stovetop cooking instructions:
- Add two tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil and three popcorn kernels to a large pot, cover with a lid, and put on the stove over medium heat.
- Wait until the kernels pop (this means the oil is ready), remove the pot from the heat, and remove the popped kernels from the oil.
- Add 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels to the pot, shake gently to coat the kernels, return pot to the stove, and cover with lid.
- When kernels start to pop tilt the lid slightly to allow the steam to escape.
- Remove pot from heat when there are about 2-3 seconds between pops.