One-Minute Bean Burrito
Kid Approved | Main Dishes | Quick & Easy | Snacks | No Added Sugars | High in Fiber | Vegetarian | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Get your ingredients, put them together, and pop them in the microwave. One minute later, dinner is ready! It’s that easy.
11 minutesTotal Time
$0.67Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||1 burrito|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||1 minute|
|Total time:||11 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
4 whole wheat tortillas
1 14 ounce can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed OR 1 3/4 cups Celebrate Your Plate Five-Minute Refried Beans
1/2 cup salsa OR 1/2 cup Celebrate Your Plate Summer Salsa
1/2 cup lettuce, chopped small
1 small tomato, diced
1/2 cup reduced fat cheese, shredded
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, tops of cans, utensils, and produce.
- Spread 1/4 of the beans on each tortilla and top with 1/4 of the shredded cheese and salsa.
- Arrange the flat tortillas on a large, microwave-safe plate and microwave for 60 seconds or until the beans are hot and cheese has started to melt.
- Top the bean mixture with lettuce and tomato and close the burritos by folding in the left and right sides of the tortilla and then rolling the tortilla up from top to bottom.
- No microwave? No problem! The bean burritos can be heated in a frying pan on the stovetop or eaten at room temperature without heating.
What goes in One-Minute Bean Burrito?
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)