Rise and Shine Breakfast Burrito
Flavorful refried beans are the secret to keeping this filling breakfast burrito neatly wrapped and ready to roll!
|Serving size:||1 burrito|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Bowl, Skillet (or Electric Skillet), Pan, Measuring Cups and Spoons
Whisk or Fork, Knife, Spatula
Recipe adapted from Oregon State University’s Food Hero
1/4 cup low-fat milk
A pinch of salt, pepper, and chili powder, to taste
1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
4 10-inch whole wheat flour tortillas, warmed
1 cup fat-free refried beans, or Celebrate Your Plate Refried Beans
4 ounces shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 tomato, chopped
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, produce, and tops of cans, if using canned refried beans.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and chili powder in a bowl.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat, or 250 degrees in an electric skillet.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet. Stir frequently with spatula, cooking until firm.
- Warm the refried beans in a separate pan--or microwave in a microwave safe dish--until warmed through.
- On each tortilla, layer 1/4 of refried beans, eggs, cheese, and tomato.
- Roll the burrito and cut in half.