Rise and Shine Breakfast Burrito
Flavorful refried beans are the secret to keeping this filling breakfast burrito neatly wrapped and ready to roll!
|Serving size:||1 burrito|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Medium saucepan or medium-sized microwave-safe bowl
Whisk or fork
Measuring cups and spoons
1/4 cup low-fat milk
Season to taste: salt, pepper, chili powder
1 teaspoon olive oil OR vegetable oil
4 large whole wheat tortillas, warmed
1 cup fat-free refried beans OR Celebrate Your Plate Five-Minute Refried Beans
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 medium tomato, chopped
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans (if using canned refried beans), and produce.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat, or 250 degrees on an electric skillet.
- Pour egg mixture into frying pan. Stir frequently with spatula, cooking until firm.
- Warm the refried beans in a medium saucepan--or microwave in a microwave-safe bowl--until warmed through.
- On each tortilla, layer 1/4 of refried beans, eggs, cheese, and tomato.
- Roll the burrito and cut in half.