Rise and Shine Breakfast Burrito
Breakfast | Main Dishes | Quick & Easy | High in Fiber | Vegetarian | WIC Friendly | Nut-Free
Flavorful refried beans are the secret to keeping this filling breakfast burrito neatly wrapped and ready to roll!
20 minutesTotal Time
$1.12Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||1 burrito|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Medium saucepan or medium-sized microwave-safe bowl
Whisk or fork
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1/4 cup low-fat milk
Season to taste: salt, pepper, chili powder
1 teaspoon olive oil OR vegetable oil
4 large whole wheat tortillas, warmed
1 cup fat-free refried beans OR Celebrate Your Plate Five-Minute Refried Beans
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 medium tomato, chopped
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans (if using canned refried beans), and produce.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat, or 250 degrees on an electric skillet.
- Pour egg mixture into frying pan. Stir frequently with spatula, cooking until firm.
- Warm the refried beans in a medium saucepan--or microwave in a microwave-safe bowl--until warmed through.
- On each tortilla, layer 1/4 of refried beans, eggs, cheese, and tomato.
- Roll the burrito and cut in half.
What goes in Rise and Shine Breakfast Burrito?
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)