The secret to nailing this super creamy smoothie is to mix everything on low.
|Serving size:||Entire recipe|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||10 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
1/2 cup low-fat milk OR low-fat yogurt
1 cup frozen fruit
1 frozen banana
1 cup fresh kale OR spinach (optional)
1 cup ice
Optional toppings: sliced fresh fruit, nuts, granola, shredded unsweetened coconut, etc.
Suggested Flavor Ideas:
Tropical: Try using orange juice instead of milk or yogurt. Use fruits such as mango, pineapple, or peaches.
Peanut butter chocolate: In place of frozen fruit, use an additional frozen banana, for a total of 2 bananas. Also, add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons peanut butter.
Mixed berry: Try using different frozen berries, or even a frozen berry mix. We suggest blueberries, raspberries, and/or strawberries.
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, fresh fruit (if using), and utensils.
- Combine all ingredients except toppings in the pitcher of blender. Blend on low speed until combined, mixture will be thick. If needed, stop blending, remove blender pitcher from the base, and stir carefully to redistribute ingredients.
- Transfer smoothie mix to a bowl and sprinkle with toppings.
- You will need a powerful blender--these are thicker than a typical smoothie.
- Peel bananas before freezing.