The secret to nailing this super creamy smoothie is to mix everything on low.
|Serving size:||whole recipe|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||Doesn't Apply|
|Total time:||10 minutes|
Cutting board, measuring cups, blender, bowl
1/2 cup milk or low-fat yogurt
1 cup frozen fruit
1 frozen banana
1 cup fresh kale or spinach (optional)
1 cup ice
Toppings: sliced fresh fruit, nuts, granola, shredded unsweetened coconut
Additional flavor combinations:
Tropical: orange juice instead of milk/yogurt, fruit: mango, pineapple, peaches
Peanut butter chocolate: use 2 bananas instead of one, add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Mixed berry: use frozen strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, fresh fruit (if using), and utensils.
2. Combine all ingredients except toppings in the pitcher of blender. Blend on low speed until combined, mixture will be thick. If needed, stop blending, remove blender pitcher from the base, and stir carefully to redistribute ingredients.
3. Transfer smoothie mix to a bowl and sprinkle with toppings.
- You will need a powerful blender: these are thicker than a typical smoothie.
- Peel bananas before freezing.