Baked Tortilla Chips
These tasty baked chips are healthier than store-bought, and more fun, too! Perfect for salsa, hummus, or your favorite dip.
|Serving size:||8 chips|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Serve alone or with salsa or hummus.
6 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
Non-stick cooking spray
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Preheat oven or toaster to 400°F. If using a conventional oven, place oven rack in the middle position.
- Lightly grease the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut tortillas into 8 equal wedges and spread out on baking sheet. Cook tortilla wedges in batches instead of overlapping them to make sure they cook evenly. NOTE: In a conventional oven, only cook one tray at a time. If you cook more than one tray at a time, the tray closest to the heating element in the oven will burn.
- Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray and lightly salt, if desired.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until crisp and light brown. Watch closely so the chips don’t burn.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on paper towels. NOTE: If tortilla chips do not cool completely they will not be crispy.
- Serve alone or with salsa or hummus.