Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Main Dishes | Low Sodium | No Added Sugars | Vegan | Vegetarian | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
This fiber-filled, vitamin-packed “pasta” pairs perfectly with your favorite sauce.
1 hour and 10 minutesTotal Time
$1.49Cost per serving *
|Temperature:||400 degrees in oven, High heat in microwave|
|Serving size:||1 1/2 cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||1 hour|
|Total time:||1 hour and 10 minutes|
Large baking sheet
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 large spaghetti squash
2 teaspoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce skin of spaghetti squash 10-12 times with a small, sharp knife.
- Place squash on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high heat for 6 minutes.
- Remove spaghetti squash from microwave and carefully cut off very top and bottom of squash so that it can stand upright. Use caution: squash will be hot.
- Stand squash upright on a stable surface and carefully slice through from top to bottom to divide it into two halves.
- Use a spoon to scoop out seeds and discard. Place halves on large baking sheet, cut side up.
- Drizzle halves of squash with oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place squash cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake 40-60 minutes or until squash is very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Allow squash to cool for 5 minutes and then drag a fork down interior of the squash, separating the "spaghetti" strands. Using a large spoon, scrape the squash strands in a bowl.
- Toss squash strands with your favorite pasta sauce and serve.
What goes in Spaghetti Squash?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)