Full of healthy veggies and beans, this chili will leave you oh-so satisfied.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||30 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour|
Non-stick cooking spray
1 yellow onion, diced
2 green peppers, diced
1 15 ounce can stewed whole tomatoes, NOT drained
2 15 ounce cans no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15 ounce can corn, drained and rinsed OR 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 15 ounces can no salt added kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 6 ounce can tomato paste
1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
2 cups water
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, produce, and tops of cans.
2. Spray a large pot with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Add onions and peppers to pot. Sauté on medium heat until they just begin to brown.
4. Add tomatoes with liquid from can, black beans, corn, tomato paste, chili powder, cayenne and cinnamon, if using.
5. Add two cups water, stir, and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.