Veggie Pizza Bites
Gluten-Free | Kid Approved | Main Dishes | Quick & Easy | Snacks | No Added Sugars | High in Fiber | Vegetarian | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Need to use up some veggies? Try this healthy alternative to traditional pizza.
20 minutesTotal Time
$0.70Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||3-4 mini pizzas|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 eggplant OR large zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup tomato sauce
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup miniature pepperoni slices (optional)
Fresh basil, minced (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Preheat broiler. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Arrange zucchini or eggplant slices in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heating element for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle zucchini or eggplant with salt and black pepper. Top with tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni (if using).
- Broil 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove pizzas from oven and sprinkle with basil (if using).
What goes in Veggie Pizza Bites?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)