Veggie Pizza Bites
Need to use up some veggies? Try this healthy alternative to traditional pizza.
|Serving size:||3-4 mini pizzas|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
1 large zucchini or eggplant sliced into ¼-inch slices
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup low sodium tomato sauce
3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup miniature pepperoni slices (optional)
Minced fresh basil (optional)
1. Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
2. Preheat broiler. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and/or spray with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
3. Arrange zucchini or eggplant slices in a single layer on baking sheet.
4. Broil 3-4 inches from the heating element for 2 minutes per side.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle zucchini or eggplant with salt and pepper. Top with tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni (if using).
6. Broil 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Remove pizzas from oven and sprinkle with basil (if using).