Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
The basics are easy: oil & vinegar, but a few basic flavor boosters help you create four different salad dressings.
|Serving size:||2 tablespoons|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||Doesn't Apply|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
Small container with lid, measuring cups and spoons
1/2 cup oil (Olive oil or Canola oil)
2 tablespoons vinegar OR citrus juice (Regular “white” vinegar, Balsamic vinegar, Red or white wine vinegar, Rice wine vinegar, Lemon juice, Lime juice)
Additional flavor boosters (Dijon mustard, Pesto, Minced onion, Parmesan or blue cheese, Honey, Sesame oil, Garlic, Fresh herbs)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
2. Combine all ingredients in a small container with a lid, cover with the lid and shake to combine.
Example flavor combinations:
- Balsamic vinaigrette: 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon minced onion, salt and pepper
- Honey mustard vinaigrette:1/4 cup canola oil, 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, salt and pepper
- Blue cheese vinaigrette:1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 1 clove minced garlic, 2 teaspoons minced chives or scallions, 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Asian vinaigrette:1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar,1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon honey