Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Quick & Easy | Salads | Low Sodium | No Added Sugars | Vegan | Vegetarian | Other | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
The basics are easy: oil & vinegar, but a few basic flavor boosters help you create four different salad dressings.
5 minutesTotal Time
$0.04Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||2 tablespoons|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
Small container with lid
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1/2 cup olive oil OR vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar (white vinegar, Balsamic vinegar, red or white wine vinegar) OR citrus juice (lemon or lime juice)
Additional flavors and seasonings such as: Dijon mustard, pesto, minced onion, Parmesan or blue cheese, honey, sesame oil, garlic, fresh herbs
Suggested flavor combinations:
- Balsamic vinaigrette: 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon minced onion, salt, black pepper
- Honey mustard vinaigrette: 1/4 cup canola oil, 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, salt, black pepper
- Blue cheese vinaigrette: 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 1 clove minced garlic, 2 teaspoons minced chives or scallions, 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Asian vinaigrette: 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Combine all ingredients in a small container with a lid, cover with the lid and shake to combine.
- Store any leftover dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for use within 3 days.
What goes in Vinaigrette Salad Dressing?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)