White Bean Kale Soup
Fiber from beans and veggies is what gives this satisfying soup its power.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||45 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour 5 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
1 tablespoon olive oil OR vegetable oil
1 yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced OR 4 teaspoons garlic powder
1 cup celery (about 4 stalks), sliced
1 cup carrots, sliced
3 teaspoons Italian seasoning OR Celebrate Your Plate Italian Seasoning
3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
3 15.5 ounce cans no salt added white beans (navy, Great Northern, cannellini, etc.), drained and rinsed
3 cups chopped kale, sliced into ribbons and stems removed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and produce.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently for 8 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning and a large pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add vegetable broth and white beans to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring pot to simmer on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir kale for 2-3 minutes, or until it begin to slightly wilt.
- Season soup to taste with additional salt and black pepper.
- Try topping this dish with some grated Parmesan!