Try these with whole wheat pasta or with veggies on the side.
|Serving size:||4 meatballs|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
Aluminum foil or parchment paper
Tablespoon for shaping meatballs
2 cups shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 small zucchinis, shredded with the fine holes of a box grater)
1 pound 85% lean ground beef
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs, plain
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup onion, finely grated or minced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Divide mixture into 24 1 ½ inch meatballs using a tablespoon.
5. Place meatballs on baking pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
Meatballs will release a lot of moisture when cooking. If you prefer drier meatballs, squeeze some (but not all) liquid from shredded zucchini.