Kid Approved | Main Dishes | Low Sodium | No Added Sugars | Nut-Free
Try these with whole wheat pasta or with veggies on the side.
35 minutesTotal Time
$1.32Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||4 meatballs|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
Tablespoon for shaping meatballs
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
2 cups zucchini (about 1 large or 2 small zucchinis), finely shredded
1 pound lean (85% or leaner) ground beef
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup onion, finely grated or minced
2 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning OR Celebrate Your Plate Italian Seasoning
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture into 24, 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Shape meatballs using a tablespoon, or by rolling with hands.
- Place meatballs on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flip meatballs, then cook for another 10 minutes.
- Meatballs will release a lot of moisture when cooking. If you prefer drier meatballs, squeeze some (but not all) liquid from shredded zucchini.
What goes in Zucchini Meatballs?
Lean Ground Beef
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)