Delicious, healthy and a different way to enjoy “pasta.”
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
Grater with large holes
2 large OR 4 small zucchini
Your favorite pasta sauce (optional)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
2. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
3. Using side of grater with large holes, drag long side of a zucchini down grater in a long, smooth motion. Make sure to grate zucchini longways so that you end up with long noodles instead of short pieces.
4. Grate the same area of the zucchini several times and then rotate to a new side and grate again, working around zucchini until you are left with a seedy core. Discard core and repeat with remaining zucchini.
5. Place zucchini noodles on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Remove zucchini noodles from oven. Serve with your favorite pasta sauce that has been heated.
- You can use a vegetable peeler for wider noodles.
- Spiralizers create vegetable noodles and hand-held spiralizers can be found inexpensively.
- If you’re in a hurry, you can skip the oven step, but it will result in a lot more moisture in the final dish.