Zucchini Pumpkin Bread
If you’ve always thought zucchini and pumpkin were polar opposites, prepare to change your mind.
|Serving size:||1 slice|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||60 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour, 15 minutes|
Whisk or fork
1/2 cup brown sugar
7 ounces of pumpkin puree (1/2 of a 15 ounce can)
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract (regular or imitation)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup shredded zucchini (~1 large zucchini)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and vegetables.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
4. Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, apple sauce, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and use a whisk or fork to combine.
5. In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
6. Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir to combine.
7. Gently stir in zucchini to pumpkin mixture, being careful not to over-mix.
8. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
Note: To bake as muffins instead of a loaf, spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray, fill wells with batter, and bake for 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees. Do not use muffin-tin liners as the muffins will stick.