Zucchini Pumpkin Bread
If you’ve always thought zucchini and pumpkin were polar opposites, prepare to change your mind.
|Serving size:||1 slice|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||60 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour, 15 minutes|
Whisk or fork
Measuring cups and spoons
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tablespoon (regular of imitation) vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup zucchini (about 1 large zucchini), shredded
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and produce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Use a whisk or fork to combine.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Stir to combine.
- Gently stir in zucchini to pumpkin mixture, being careful not to over-mix.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- These also bake well as muffins. Use a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray and bake for 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees. Do not use muffin-tin liners, as muffins will stick.