4-Ingredient Vegetable Beef Soup
Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Main Dishes | Quick & Easy | Soups | Low Sodium | No Added Sugars | High in Fiber | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Spoiler alert! You only need four simple ingredients to make this hearty and delicious vegetable soup.
20 minutes (stovetop) or 4 hours (crockpot)Total Time
$1.01Cost per serving *
|Temperature:||Medium heat (stovetop) or low (crockpot)|
|Serving size:||2 cups|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||16 minutes (stovetop) or 4 hours (crockpot)|
|Total time:||20 minutes (stovetop) or 4 hours (crockpot)|
Large pot or slow cooker
Spatula or mixing spoon
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1/2 pound protein: 85% lean ground (beef or turkey) meat OR 1 15 ounce can no salt added kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 64 ounce bottle low-sodium vegetable juice
1 32 ounce package frozen vegetable mix
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning OR Celebrate Your Plate Italian Seasoning
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- If using ground beef or turkey, cook in a medium frying pan until no pink remains, about 6 minutes. Drain fat into a paper-towel lined bowl and throw away.
- Combine your protein of choice (either cooked ground beef, turkey, or beans), vegetable juice, frozen vegetables, and Italian seasoning in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours. If using a stovetop, combine ingredients in a large pot and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- If using a stove top, combine ingredients in a large pot and simmer over medium heat on the stove top for 10 minutes.
What goes in 4-Ingredient Vegetable Beef Soup?
Frozen Mixed Vegetables
Canned Kidney Beans
Lean Ground Beef
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)