Your skillet is the key to delicious comfort food easily made from scratch.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
Bowl or mug
Measuring cups and spoons
Recipe sourced from Share our Strength's Cooking Matters
1 pound lean (85% or leaner) ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 28 ounce can no salt added crushed tomatoes with liquid
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning OR Celebrate Your Plate Italian Seasoning
2 cups uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni OR other uncooked whole grain pasta
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- In a large pot, brown ground beef over medium heat, 5-7 minutes.
- Drain excess fat into a paper towel-lined bowl or mug, allow to cool, and discard.
- Add onion and garlic to ground beef and cook until onion is tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir well to combine, increase heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes until macaroni is tender.