Your skillet is the key to delicious comfort food easily made from scratch.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
Bowl or mug
1 pound lean (85%) ground beef
1 onion, chopped into ½-inch pieces
2 carrots, chopped into ½-inch rounds and halved
2 celery ribs, chopped into ½-inch pieces
2 tablespoons minced garlic or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes, no salt added
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
2 cups whole grain elbow macaroni (or other small, whole grain pasta shape), uncooked
1. Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
2. In a large pot, brown ground beef over medium heat, 5-7 minutes.
3. Drain excess fat into a paper towel-lined bowl or mug, allow to cool, and discard.
4. Add onion and garlic to ground beef and cook until onion is tender, 5-7 minutes.
5. Add remaining ingredients, stir well to combine, increase heat and bring to a simmer.
6. Cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes until macaroni is tender.