Crockpot Fiesta Chicken
Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Kid Approved | Main Dishes | No Added Sugars | High in Fiber | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
There’s no wrong way to eat this tender, slow-cooker chicken. Try it on a tortilla or served up on rice.
6 hours, 10 minutes - 9 hours, 10 minutesTotal Time
$1.19Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||1 1/2 cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||6-9 hours|
|Total time:||6 hours, 10 minutes - 9 hours, 10 minutes|
Tongs or mixing spoon
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 16 ounce jar salsa
1 15 ounce can no salt added (black, kidney, or pinto) beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup (fresh or frozen) vegetable mix
1 tablespoon reduced sodium taco seasoning OR 1 tablespoon Celebrate Your Plate Taco Seasoning
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, produce, and utensils.
- Rub chicken with taco seasoning. Wash hands when done.
- Cover chicken with salsa, beans, and vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-9 hours.
- Remove chicken and put in large bowl. Shred chicken with 2 forks, add back into slow cooker, and stir.
- Try making CYP Fruit Salsa or CYP Summer Salsa to include in this recipe.
- You can also use a pressure cooker for this recipe—just cook for 50 minutes!
- Serve this dish on a whole wheat tortilla or on rice. You can also serve it as a salad topping!
What goes in Crockpot Fiesta Chicken?
Frozen Mixed Vegetables
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)