With whole wheat pasta and lots of veggies, this flavor-filled salad really satisfies.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Whisk or fork
1 16 ounce box whole wheat bow tie OR penne pasta, cooked, drained, and cooled
5 cups fresh OR frozen vegetables diced. If using fresh vegetables, we recommend 2 bell peppers, 1 cucumber, 2 cups broccoli florets, 1 cup grape tomatoes. If using frozen vegetables, follow directions on package to prepare/thaw and drain vegetables well.
1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning OR 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil and oregano
1 lemon, juiced (about 4 tablespoons)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
2. In a large bowl combine cooked pasta and prepared vegetables. Mix well.
3. In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, and lemon juice and mix together with a fork or whisk.
4. Drizzle dressing over vegetables and pasta. Toss to combine.
5. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours to enhance flavors.