With whole wheat pasta and lots of veggies, this flavor-filled salad really satisfies.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Whisk or fork
1 16 ounce box whole wheat bow tie OR penne pasta, cooked, drained, and cooled
5 cups chopped vegetables (bell pepper, cucumber, broccoli, grape tomatoes, etc.)
1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning OR 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil and oregano
1 lemon, juiced (about 4 tablespoons)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
2. In a large bowl combine cooked pasta and prepared vegetables. Mix well.
3. In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, and lemon juice and mix together with a fork or whisk.
4. Drizzle dressing over vegetables and pasta. Toss to combine.
5. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours to enhance flavors.
- To get 5 cups of fresh vegetables you can use: 2 bell peppers, 1 cucumber, 2 cups of broccoli florets, and 1 cup of halved grape tomatoes.
- You can use frozen vegetables but defrost first and then drain well to remove excess moisture.