Sweet Potato Harvest Salad
Autumn’s harvest is on full display in this colorful, flavorful salad, perfect for potlucks or as a side dish for a special meal.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
3 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds total), cubed
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups salad greens, packed into cup
1/2 cup pecan halves (optional)
1/2 cup reduced sugar dried cranberries
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup Celebrate Your Plate Vinaigrette Salad Dressing OR vinaigrette salad dressing
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to pan. Add oil, salt, black pepper. Toss to combine. Spread into a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Turn over sweet potatoes, and put back in oven for 10 to 15 more minutes or until tender. When finished remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Add salad greens, pecan halves (if using), dried cranberries, and feta cheese. Toss gently. Drizzle with Celebrate Your Plate Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, or your favorite vinaigrette salad dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe is a great pantry buster! Use whatever leftover vegetables you have in your fridge like pepper, corn, or onions.