Sweet Potato Taco Boats
One part potato. One part taco. 100% delicious.
|Temperature:||Medium (stovetop), high (microwave)|
|Serving size:||1 potato + ½ cup taco meat or beans|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Cutting board, microwave-safe dish large enough to hold sweet potatoes, frying pan, spatula or mixing spoon, measuring cups and spoons
4 small sweet potatoes
1/2 pound 85% lean ground beef or turkey
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 packet taco seasoning OR CYP Taco Seasoning blend
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, vegetables, tops of cans (if using), and utensils.
2. Poke each sweet potato several times with a fork, place in a microwave safe dish, and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Turn sweet potatoes over halfway through the baking time.
3. While potatoes are cooking, cook ground beef or turkey, carrots, and onion in a frying pan over medium heat until no pink remains in the ground beef or turkey, about 6 minutes. Drain fat into a paper towel lined bowl and throw away.
4. Add frozen corn and taco seasoning and cook for an additional two minutes.
5. Split tops of sweet potatoes lengthwise, as you would a baked potato. Then, fluff potatoes with a fork, top with the beef mixture, and top with cilantro, if using.
- Sweet potatoes can also be cooked in the oven for 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
- You can substitute 1 can of beans for the ½ pound of ground beef or turkey.